In the spirit of the week, here are some famous authors, including science fiction and fantasy favorites Ray Bradbury and Neil Gaiman, with their thoughts on banned books.
Also, if this is an issue that is important to you, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF) has announced their annual membership drive.
Here are some other fun things we found for you this week:
- What if Lady Gaga provided the soundtrack for The Legend of Zelda? (BuzzFeed)
- Do you like Star Wars? Do you like Angry Birds? Then this mashup will make you happy. (BitRebels)
- Did you always think that Hermione Granger would be better friends with Meg Murray (from A Wrinkle in Time) than with either Harry or Ron? Yeah, me too. Then this might be for you--although Katniss Everdeen and Jo March as best friends? Really? (Flavorwire)
- Do you have a Captain Ahab-like need to hunt for wonderful deep sea creatures? The Journal of Kraken Research might help you out...(KrakenRum)
- Oh, if only this Monopoly board were real...(BuzzFeed)
So now that you all have something to do, have a great weekend!