Also, David Anthony Durham's new novel, The Sacred Band, was released this week, and we are excited to feature a review of this novel next week, along with a look at the first two novels in the Acacia series and something from Durham himself!
Here are some of the other fun things we've found this week:
- Lev Grossman's The Magicians has been optioned by FOX for a TV series! Granted, nothing formal is in the works yet, but it would sure be interesting to see how this show would come to life on the small screen. (Tor)
- A visual history of literary references on The Simpsons. Also, here's one more that will be added, come November. (The Atlantic/Whosay)
- As you might already know, Stephen King has officially announced the sequel to The Shining--a novel called Dr. Sleep. Here is King, reading an excerpt from Dr. Sleep at George Mason University. (EW)
- If only this version of Monopoly were real. (Buzzfeed)
- Are you a fan of mice with swords, evil rats, and noble badgers? The Redwall series is now available streaming on Netflix. [disclaimer: I haven't seen the animated series--I just have read, and loved, the books] (Netflix)
- And finally, here are John Scalzi's six reasons that it sucks to be a Jedi. (Film Critic)