Of all the Maurice Sendak tributes and memories I've read this week, I think this one, posted on NPR's Tumblr site, might be my favorite.
Here are some of the other things we found for you around the Internet this week:
- The architecture of Inception, as envisioned by Rick Slusher. (Imgur)
- I wish someone would make me lunches like this! (BoingBoing)
- Literary favorites, illustrated Muppet-style. (Flavorwire)
- For those of you who have a difficult time suspending your disbelief when watching superhero movies, this article about the physics of the Incredible Hulk will be right up your alley! (io9)
- A long time ago in a shire far, far away--also known as Star Wars as narrated by the Chaucer blogger. Also, the Chaucer blogger is now on Twitter as @LeVostreGC. (House of Fame/Twitter)
- A fascinating exhibition at the Centre Pompido in Paris entitled Imaginary Beings: Mythologies of the Not Yet, that uses 3D printing capabilities to create very complex designs inspired by the human body. You can read about the exhibition here and here, and if you read French, the exhibition's website is here. (Wired/Sculpteo/Centre Pompido)