Daleks! Dinosaurs! Danger! Oh my!
Here are a few other fun and exciting things we found for you this week:
- Curiosity, NASA's Martian rover, will be landing on the surface of Mars at 1:31 AM (eastern) on Monday, August 6--and the whole thing will be broadcast on the giant screen in Times Square. (NASA)
- John Scalzi on who gets to be a geek And speaking of Scalzi, if you're looking for something to read this weekend, pick up Old Man's War and join in our discussion over at Fantasy Matters Reads! (Whatever)
- With the new Total Recall coming out, now might be a good time to check out how movie adaptations of Philip K. Dick stories stack up against the original novel or short story--check out the report card over on Tor. (Tor)
- 15 cool things you didn't know about the filming of The Dark Knight Rises. (The Geek Twins)
- A really thoughtful, moving piece about the Aurora shooting victims wearing Batman T-shirts to the court hearings for James Holmes. (The Mary Sue)
- Nine of the coolest secret subway stations in the world. (Flavorwire)
- And finally, because no day would be complete without something Olympics-related, here is a link to the floor routine of Mexico's Elsa Garcia Rodriguez Blancas, who performed to a wonderful arrangement of The Legend of Zelda theme music. (Kotaku)
Happy weekend, everyone!