Here are some of the coolest examples that we have found around the web, including some that you can buy for yourself!
- Marcin Jakubowski has some works that he calls "Dark Future" that fit very much into the steampunk aesthetic--"Dark Future Train" and "Titanomachy: Fall of the Hyperion" are simultaneously bleak and beautiful. (Balloon Tree)
- This steampunk gun--made out of a Nerf gun!--is fantastic. (FanPop)
- I also really like this pin; the ornate detail of the gear contrasts with the ornate detail of the eyeball itself, creating an intriguing juxtaposition of mechanical and organic. (CatherinetteRings at Deviant Art)
- Along similar lines, it's quite interesting when artists take the idea of steampunk and use it in conjunction with something rather unexpected--in this case, guitars. (Reuse)
- Instead of taking a hip flask to your next steampunk party, you could take this beautiful belt with vials on it instead, available from Pasquali Studios on Etsy. (Etsy)
- And finally, I'm fascinated by this drawing by PReilly. To me, it looks so much like C-3PO, and the Star Wars/steampunk possibilities are quite exciting!
If that's not enough for you, here are a few other collections of awesome steampunk art, including these two lists from Avi Abrams over at Dark Roasted Blend, as well as this collection of steampunk sculptures. Enjoy!